- 9 months
In line with Lebanese Government commitments to advancing public procurement modernization, the Ministry of Finance has launched, in June 2019, the implementation of the Methodology for Assessing Procurement Systems (MAPS II), with the support of the World Bank and the Agence Française de Développment.
The President of the Institut des Finances Basil Fuleihan, Ms. Lamia Moubayed Bissat, was mandated by the Lebanese Minister of Finance, as National Focal Point.
MAPS II falls within the international requirements to establishing a modern and sound public procurement system in Lebanon. This international methodology, developed by the OECD, aims at identifying the strengths, weaknesses and gaps of the system, and providing recommendations to better priorities reform actions.
A National Steering Committee composed of 18 representatives from 15 government institutions, is facilitating access to information, providing input and reviewing the findings. A stakeholders’ group, representing +institutions from the public sector, private sector and civil society has been consulted throughout the process. Two international experts, mobilized by the partner organizations, are facilitating the evaluation process and ensuring its alignment with the methodology.
The final report will bring to the national dialogue panorama on public procurement reform in general, and on the new draft law in particular, evidence and in-depth analysis to inform decision makers on adequate policy options and tools, grounded in international standards and guidelines, and adapted to the Lebanese context.
- Executive Summary-MAPS Report-2020-Eng (pdf)
- Executive Summary-MAPS Report-2020-Ar (pdf)
- MAPS - Draft Final Report - July 2020 - ENG (pdf)
- MAPS - Appendices to Draft Final Report – July 2020 - ENG (pdf)
- Methodology for Assessing Procurement Systems (MAPS) (pdf)
- (MAPS) منهجية تقييم نظم المشتريات (pdf)
- Exchange Session with the MAPS Steering Committee members (pdf)
- مسح MAPS لتقييم منظومة الشراء العام في لبنان (pdf)
- Méthodologie D’évaluation des Systemes de Passations des Marchés (MAPS) (pdf)
- تكليف معهد باسل فليحان المالي والإقتصادي بتنفيذ توصيات المؤتمر الأول حول الشّراء العام (pdf)
- MAPS Report - Norway - 2018 (pdf)
- MAPS in Tunisia - 2012 (French) (pdf)
- Briefing Note-MAPS-May2020-Ar (pdf)
- Briefing Note-MAPS-May2020-Eng (pdf)
- Briefing Note-MAPS-Apr2020-Ar (pdf)
- Introduction to MAPS (pdf)
- MAPS Introductory Review-Oct19-Daniel I. (pdf)
- MAPS Intro, Plan and Progress-Nov19-Ar (pdf)
- Enterprise Survey on Public Procurement in Lebanon (online survey)